Gartner Names a Leader
Gartner has named Macola Software a "Leader" in the FrontRunners Quadrant for Manufacturing Software.
Starting with a list of over 315 manufacturing ERP products, Gartner, through a data-driven assessment, recognized 23 solutions that advanced into their famous quadrant methodology.
With Macola's recognition as a "Leader," and it should be noted that there were only six who were placed in the "Leaders" quadrant, we believe this recognition to be a reflection of the investments that have been made in our flagship ERP solution, Macola 10, that directly benefit the manufacturing sector.
What Being in the Leader Quadrant Means
Gartner's recognition of Macola as a "Leader" supports our commitment to manufacturers and our ability to provide the tools and processes manufacturers need to automate and grow their businesses.
To quote Gartner and the FrontRunners Quadrant:
"Leaders are all-around strong products. They offer a wide range of functionality to a wide range of customers. These products are considered highly valuable by customers."
We believe that contributing to Macola’s "Leader" status is our emphasis on these four principles: visibility & control of enterprise processes; configurable views into real-time data; integration between business functions; and accessibility at any time and on any device.
What the Leader Quadrant Means to Manufacturers
Because the Gartner/FrontRunners Quadrant is based on actual user reviews--and not analyst interpretation--we see this as proof that manufacturers favor the Macola 10 product strategy. For example, Macola 10 delivers multiple updates a year that are each based on user feedback, has a focus on the mobile user, and offers deep functionality across multiple devices, especially tablets.
We also believe that ERP should provide the manufacturer with:
- Real-time data and insights, enabling them to make more informed business decisions
- Access to vital information wherever one works, such as real-time insight into inventory
- Increased efficiencies through reduced data entry
- Streamlined processes with business automation
To quote Gartner and FrontRunners, the Leader's ERP solution will benefit the manufacturer in the following ways:
"Manufacturing ERP software assists with the planning and execution of manufacturing projects by tracking suppliers, materials, and production costs and supporting the maintenance of relationships with end customers. This class of software covers the gamut of ERP—from the accounting systems that track accounts for international giants, to the shop scheduling system that your local metal shop uses. Regardless of the scale of the system, software for manufacturers helps increase productivity and improve management of the product lifecycle—from design concept to production planning to field service."
How the Gartner FrontRunners Quadrant Is Developed
The FrontRunners quadrant, powered by Gartner Methodology, provides a data-driven assessment of manufacturing software available on the market and is not based on analyst interpretation. Here is a breakdown of the scoring for this quadrant:
- Focused on SMBs who are looking to buy business software. This means that the data and methodology are tuned to the needs of SMBs
- Completely data-driven with no analyst interpretation
- Heavily influenced by user reviews
The Capability score is an overall weighted average of scores including:
- Macola 10’s functionality
- Macola 10’s ease of use
- Macola Software’s customer support
- A score, relative to other products in the market, for Macola 10’s inclusion of key functionality for the software category
- A score, relative to other products in the market, representing the number of other products that integrate with Macola 10
The Value score is an overall weighted average of scores including:
- Overall satisfaction with Macola 10
- Value Macola 10 users consider relative to its price
- Likelihood of recommending Macola 10 to others
- Size of the Macola 10’s customer base
- Number of professionals in the market who have experience with the Macola 10 (e.g., users, developers, administrators)
- Total number of Macola 10 user reviews across the three Gartner web properties
- Average number of times per month internet users search for Macola 10 on Google